United Christian College


History

The United Christian College, formerly the Bible Training Institute, had its beginning in the mind of the late Bishop J. D. Diggs of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, many years ago. He labored long and timelessly near and far, to inspire our people regarding the need for an education department in The United Holy Church of America.

The church first adapted the idea, passed a resolution and organized the education department of the United Holy Church with Bishop Diggs being elected as "Secretary of Education." He was the principle officer of the organization at that time.

The first classroom work was done in 1925 when the college was opened in a small church building in north Goldsboro, North Carolina, and housed in Pentecostal Holy Church.

In 1944, it moved to the new auditorium and education building at 500 Gulley Street, which was to be the home for the college.

The United Christian College is a Bible College, a distinct facility for training Christian workers and pastors for a lifetime of Christian service. It is located in Goldsboro, North Carolina, only a short distance from the downtown business area. The college has grown tremendously since its inception and continues to make significant progress in its curriculum and developing.

The Board of Trustees, President, and Faculty are working diligently to enlarge the college's program and improve the relationship between the school, community, The Southern District Convocation, The United Holy Church of America, and other institutions.

2 Timothy 2:15 ~ "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."